The cumulative COVID-19 infection prevalence rate among U.S. dentists was 2.6% as of November 2020 — lower than the infection rate of other front-line health care professionals, including nurses and physicians, according to a study from the American Dental Association Science & Research Institute and Health Policy Institute.[Read more…] about COVID-19 Infection Rate Among Dentists Remains Lower Than Other Health Professionals
Even though we are currently living in an extremely uncertain time, what can be certain is that you still should visit your dentist. After stopping non-urgent visits due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the ADA (American Dental Association) along with the CDC officially recommend that dental teams open and serve patients, as long as all guidelines are followed.
We know you can’t wear a mask during your exam, but it is important that you wear it upon arrival to our office, monitor your own symptoms, let us know ahead of time if you may have been exposed to COVID-19 so we can reschedule your visit, and follow all social distancing and mask wearing measures outside of your visit. This limits your exposure to COVID-19, keeping you and our dental team safe.
In turn, our team has added extra safety precautions to make sure you and our team is safe. We are utilizing HEPA Filters with Ionizers, in order to reduce any sort of impurities during your visit. Moreover, we have gone above and beyond the recommended protocols to further reduce the risk of infection for you and our staff.
Keeping up with your dental health is important for your overall health, so we want you to feel comfortable visiting our office. Read about some of our many safety measures and contact us to make an appointment with Jaffe Dental Group. We look forward to your visit.
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
We are currently calling patients and rescheduling any appointments cancelled because of the mandated COVID-19 closures. We are also back to our usual office hours to answer your calls and schedule new appointments.
Our office will be reopening for dental care on Monday, June 1, 2020 with our team fully equipped, well trained, and highly prepared to implement rigorous infection control precautions beyond the CDC standard guidelines.
Prior to any office visit, we will dedicate time to guide each of our patients through the newly implemented infection control procedures that we and all our patients will follow in our practice. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: Our commitment to providing you and your family with the dental care you deserve.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- We will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Your temperature will also be taken upon arrival.
- On the day of your appointment, you will be asked to stay in your car and call the office to let us know you arrived. A member of our staff will greet you at the door and bring you into the office when appropriate.
- If you are a new patient, please go online and fill out the New Patient registration forms and bring them to your scheduled appointment. You can find the forms at https://www.jaffedentalgroup.com/new-patient-forms-3.html
- We require anyone entering the facility to bring and wear a protective face mask.
- We ask that only that patient arrives for the scheduled appointment. If you are bringing a minor child, we will only allow one parent or guardian to accompany the child into the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our office waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- TeleDentistry may be considered for some of your follow-up visits and new patient consultations.
- We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (734) 479-4111 or visit our website at https://www.jaffedentalgroup.com/.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Jaffe Dental Group
During the COVID-19 pandemic, your visit to our office will look a little different than it has in the past. We created a video to show you what you can expect as soon as you arrive at our practice.
Your safety, as well as our team’s safety, is always paramount on our mind. This is why we go above and beyond the recommended CDC guidelines. We look forward to seeing you soon to maintain optimal oral health. Contact us at (734) 479-4111 for an appointment.